Instructions for Authors
Technical Information for Lectures
The time for Keynote Lectures is 30 or 40 minutes including discussion depending on the session.
The time for Contributed Lectures (orals) have been allocated 20 minutes per presentation, which includes 15 minutes for oral presentation and 5 minutes for discussion.
Please respect the time allotted for your presentation. Strict timekeeping will be essential to the smooth running of the meeting. Lectures must be presented in English.
How to prepare a presentation
- Prepare your presentation in 4:3 format.
- Use the Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 or higher (*.ppt) or (*pptx) to guarantee they will work properly on an on-site PC.
- We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT or PPTX format instead of PPS.
- If you have pictures in the presentation, please insert them in the presentation file, do not use links
- Please keep on mind that organizer cannot guarantee the quality of Macintosh-based presentations; so check in advance (3 hours before your session starts) their Windows compatibility.
- Note that the presentation system used during the congress also supports the PDF presentations.
Only fonts included in the basic installation of MS-Windows are available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of the presentation. Suggested fonts are: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma, and Calibri. If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into the presentation by choosing the right option when saving the presentation, see details below:
- Click on „File“, then „Save As“
- Check the „Tools“ menu and select „Embed True Type Fonts
How to save and submit a presentation
How to save presentation
Save your presentation in one of the following disc or medium:
- USB flash drive
- External hard or solid state drive
Save all files associated with the presentation (PowerPoint file, movie / video files, etc.) to one folder / location. In case you are presenting more than one presentation during the congress, save different presentations to different folders and name them clearly to avoid on-site misunderstandings and problems. Always make a backup copy of your presentation and save it on a different portable disc or medium than the original presentation. DVD-RAM and Blu-ray Disc will not be available.
How to submit your presentation on-site
Please come to Speakers‘ Ready Room (Room 2.1) at least 1 ½ hour before the beginning of your session. In case your speech has been scheduled for morning session please come to Speakers’ Ready Room one day before the day of your presentation.
Opening hours of the Speakers’ Ready Room
|Sunday, 3 September||16:00 – 21:00|
|Monday, 4 September||07:30 – 18:00|
|Tuesday, 5 September||07:30 -18:30|
|Wednesday, 6 September||07:30 – 18:00|
|Thursday, 7 September||08:00 – 13:45|
When the session is over, your presentation will be deleted from all computers, no copies or backups will be made. It is not allowed to use your own computer.
If you use Macintosh, please come to Speakers’ Ready Room 3 hours before your presentation.
Standard equipment of the session rooms
See below the list of standard equipment of the rooms
- Data video projector
- Sound system
- Remote control with laser pointer
Preparation and Presentation of Posters
The dimensions of the poster boards are as follows
Size of the construction: 200 cm (height) x 103 cm (width)
Size of the panel (i.e. the max. size of the poster): 180 cm (height) x 97cm (width)
- The panel is covered from both sides by a grey carpet.
- To ensure good legibility of the poster, we recommend a maximum size of 100 cm (39.40 inches) in length and 95 cm (37.40 inches) in width.
- Fixing material (pins and stickers) will be available in the Posters Area.
- Congress staff will be available to assist you during the time of poster mounting.
- The poster boards will be numbered by the organizers.
Poster Mounting Times
- Sunday, September 3; 18:00 – 20:00
- Monday, September 4; 08:00 – 10:00
Poster Viewing Times
- Monday, September 4; 10:00 – 18:00
- Tuesday, September 5; 08:15 – 18:30; 18:30 – 20:30 Poster Party
- Wednesday, September 6; 08:20 – 18:00
- Thursday, September 7; 08:45 – 13:45
Poster Removal Times
- Thursday, September 7, 13:45 – 16:00
- Each poster is displayed for the whole duration of the congress.
- No guided tours through the poster exhibition are being organized.
- Authors are requested to be present at the poster board during the Poster Party.
- Any posters remaining are to be removed and the congress shall not keep any left behind posters for later collection.
Please note that registration of the presenting author is mandatory for each accepted contribution. The deadline for the presenting author’s registration will be at 9 June 2017. If the presenting author has not registered by this date, the presentation will be withdrawn from the program.
Publication of Full Papers / Abstracts in EUROCORR 2017 & 20th ICC proceedings
The authors of all presentations (keynotes, oral and poster presentations) are encouraged to publish their paper in the proceedings of EUROCORR 2017 (without reviewing). A USB flash drive of the Proceedings will be distributed to all participants at the congress.
- If the presenting author has not registered as participant for EUROCORR 2017 & 20th ICC by 9 June 2017 (authors' registration deadline), the contribution(s) will NOT be published in the EUROCORR 2017 proceedings.
- If a registered author fails to submit his(her) full paper by the deadline of 20 June 2017, the accepted abstract will be used as a substitute and published in the EUROCORR 2017& 20th ICC proceedings.
Full Paper Preparation and Submission
For preparation of your manuscript, please use this template and follow the guidelines.
For submission, convert the file to a PDF document no larger than 4 MB. The document name has to be identical with your submission ID (e.g. 69235.pdf). After login to your account, please open the respective accepted submission and use the upload link for the submission of your fullpaper manuscript.
The deadline for fullpaper manuscript submission is 20 June 2017.